Chapter History 

History of Cricket Hill Chapter, NSDAR

CRICKET HILL NSDAR was founded by Mrs. Carl Clifford White, organizing regent, with the assistance of her mother Mrs. Benjamin F. Smith, as acting registrar.

The first meeting called for organization and was held at the home of the organizing regent on 23 November 1923. An application for the formation of the chapter at Mathews was presented and the name selected for the new chapter.

The name “Cricket Hill Chapter” was proposed by the organizing regent and the history of the “Battle of Cricket Hill” was written by Mrs. Louise Spencer Wright and was unanimously adopted.

On 31 December 1923 the members met at “Whitfield” the home of Mrs. Virginia Howell Hudgins, to finalize details pertaining to the organization.

The chapter was confirmed by the National Board of the Daughters of the American Revolution on 30 January 1924.

Source: Cricket Hill Chapter Minutes, 1923-1924.



Organizing Members
Regent: Mrs. Carl Clifford White
Vice Regent: Mrs. Harry Howell
2nd Vice Regent: Mrs. Florence R. Roude
Recording Secretary: Mrs. Louise Spencer Wright
Corresponding Secretary: Mrs. Louise Spencer Wright
Treasurer: Mrs. Robert Jackson
Registrar: Mrs. Willie Anne Smith